One of the inherent characteristics of our Alliance schools are the challenging socio-economic factors within our localities. Our aims and objectives reflect these characteristics which impact directly on the life chances of our children and communities.
The Peterlee Partnership Teaching School Alliance aims:
- To be an outward facing partnership, committed to developing and improving conditions for learning so that schools get the best possible outcomes for all children and young people.
- To recogniseand celebrate excellence for all its members and aspire to even greater achievement.
- To effectively quality-assure school-led ITT to ensure a positive impact on trainee progression, pupil performance and the professional development of teachers.
- To provide strategic opportunities for the CPD of all staff in schools to address their career needs.
- To encourage staff to engage in innovative approaches to school-based research and development.
- To provide significant support to schools in challenging circumstances, demonstrating a capacity to develop leadership and improve teaching and learning measured by increased pupil performance and/or improved Ofsted judgments.
- To improve the life chances of all children and young people across the Partnership through the exposure of them to new opportunities and possibilities.